A new authoring environment: Author-e!
Turpin Vision, the parent company of FP-tools, is developing a new web-based authoring tool that creates a functional environment that supports the EU-xpert tool: Author-e.
1) Author-e consists of multiple project stores, including a Document Management System (DMS): this is a centralised directory on the Internet that can be expanded with sub-directories if and when required, and where project-related documents can be up- or downloaded.
2) Author-e also enables flexible and adjustable connections to other information sources, i.e., project stores such as your Outlook mail server, or your organisation’s network drive.
In brief, all those places with information relating to a project are now within hand’s reach. Permissions are used to determine who can access which material. Exchanging files between these ‘project stores’ is done simply by using drag and drop. It is also possible to search these project stores. Documents that are being worked on collectively are clearly indicated in the DMS and opening one of these documents automatically starts EU-xpert editor.
The benefits of using EU-xpert remain unchanged and are greatly enhanced by being linked to the relevant information sources: this means that all relevant documents are easy to access and share.
EU-xpert facilitates task management by enabling the division of documents into sections that can be assigned to individual authors. The authors receive an e-mail with a link to a specific section of the text, which they can work on immediately. The tasks are monitored in a separate overview, but can also be displayed in the document’s table of contents. Also displayed are the tasks that are assigned to the user, tasks that the user has assigned to others, as well as an overview of all other tasks.
Task management has also been implemented in the DMS. The tasks can be displayed in the DMS, and different colours are used to indicate their status.
In the event of a standardised process, the workflow chart can provide a solution. The various stages in the process are visible, as are the corresponding tasks and their status, and the information that is linked to them from the different project stores.
Where and when can Author-e be used?
- remote access / limited availability of team members
- by telecommuters
- by travelling employees, e.g., sales persons
- from multiple locations, both national and international
In projects involving multiple organisations:
- national and international projects
- research projects
- collaborations with a client or supplier
In extensive (project) documentation where version control is important:
- all the information is in a single environment
- everyone can access the latest version
- everyone can work together on the same document
In projects or processes that have to be monitored and controlled:
- task management at several levels
- a structured and uniform way of working
Interested? If you are interested in finding out more about Author-e, please contact Turpin Vision’s customer solutions team by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org